According to the experts at Baby Zone, they most certainly do!
- They kick more, which works their large motor muscles.
- They hold their head up more, which helps strengthen their neck.
- They then to grasp at a caregiver's shirt or blanket. This encourages fine motor skills.
- They crawl sometimes faster because they like being on their tummy's more.
Ways to Encourage Tummy Time:
- The Boppy is great for tummy time encouragement.
- Lay your baby's lower body in the whole of the Boppy. Their upper body should be in the top portion of the Boppy.
- Sew baby toys on a baby blanket. You can buy a tab blanket like this one:
- You can also just lay baby toys out on a blanket. One Savvy Mom! is hosting a giveaway for one winner to win an infant or toddler/tween blanket from Minky Couture! They look so soft and they have a lot of pattern/color options! They are perfect for laying on the floor; for some extra needed tummy time!