Sunday, July 31, 2011

My Top Ten Perks of Breastfeeding

  1. Bonding. You can bond in other ways, but bonding with breastfeeding is amazing. 
  2. When you breastfeed, you have no bottles to clean up! I know there are when you pump. I worked full time, so I still had bottles to clean. In the middle of the night I am happy to say that I had no bottles to clean!
  3. Most babies that are breastfed have less sickness.
  4. This kind of goes with number 3: Less ear infections. 
  5. This kind of goes with number 3: They get better faster. Your antibodies help them to get better faster.
  6. Helps with childhood obesity. 
  7. Comforts mom and baby.
  8. The baby helps consume your calories.
  9. Most mom's that breastfeed miss a period for awhile.
  10. I've heard mom's that breastfeed say this, so I'm going to come right out and say it to: Your breasts feel firm, and like they have more life to them. When I stopped breastfeeding, my breasts were floppy and empty feeling.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

So true. I loved breastfeeding my daughters and wish I could have done it for a longer time. Unfortunately work got in the way so each of them only had breast milk for the first 5 or 6 months. But thankfully, some is better than none. I love the healthy benefits of breastfeeding for both mother and child.

Many blessings,
Rosann
http://www.christiansupermom.com/

Grandma Bonnie said...

I loved breast feeding my kids. The joy of bonding in so great its hard to wean them.
New follower from sit and relax weekend blog hop. Hope you follow back.

Quirky Homemaker said...

Never regretted breastfeeding. It was a wonderful thing to do. I wish I had more babies to feed!