Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Buy a Nasal Aspirator That Works!

I did a little research on nasal aspirators today. It's hard to find a good one, one that does it's job!

My nephew Emerson has been having breathing problems because his feeding tube was changed the other day. Usually when this happens a lot of mucus comes up.

My sister bought the Nosefredia. It has 4.5 stars out of 5 on Amazon. The product is around $15. My sister loves it. She says it totally does a great job! The only sucky thing is that you have to buy filters every so often. Maybe having filters is a good thing. 24 filters off Amazon run about $18. Sounds like you get a lot that will last awhile!

Another one that I ran across is the BabyComfyNose Nasal Aspirator. This one has 5 stars on Amazon. It's around $17. You do not have to buy extra filters. Again I don't know if having the filters is or isn't a good thing. It is because it's more clean; it isn't because you have to fork over the extra money.

*This is strictly my opinion only: If I had a baby that was susceptible to getting cold easily, I'd opt to buy the Nosefredia because it has the filters. If I had a baby with no problems and I just wanted one for the common cold, I'd opt to buy the BabyComfyNose Nasal Aspirator. Then you don't have to keep buying filters. They both do a better job then the traditional nasal aspirator you get from the hospital.

Have you used a nasal aspirator that you loved. Please comment to tell me so!

2 comments:

Mommy said...

I've used Nosefrieda and I like it! I purchased mine at Whole Foods.

Scarlett H said...

Thanks for a great rread