Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Baby Update

My sweet little nephew Emerson turned a week old last Thursday. That was a huge milestone considering that he has Trisomy 18.  We had a 1 week birthday party with cupcakes, juice and noiseless party favors.

"It is not length of life, but depth of life." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Everything seemed to be a challenge, but he was hanging in there.

Then on Friday or Saturday night (my days are so mixed up) his feeding tube fell out. It took a nurse 6 tires to get it back in. He had two apnea spells. Now his color comes and goes. He's been cluster feeding and growing more, but his strength is depleting.

We knew this could happen, but nothing can prepare someone for it. We just take things day by day.

I'm trying to take my sister's older boy's out when I can. Emerson does best skin to skin on my sister.

No comments: