Monday, September 27, 2010

Things to Do While You Are Nursing or Pumping

While You're Nursing:
  1. If you have an older child this is the perfect time to read to them. They can turn the pages. They won't feel left out.
  2. Sing to your baby. They love hearing your voice.
  3. Trim their nails. I used to do this all the time! They hold still better then if you are not nursing them.
  4. Listen to audio books, or music.
  5. Talk on the phone. 
  6. Rock in a rocking chair.
**Do not attempt to drink anything hot while you are nursing!

While You're at the Pump:
  1. Eat.
  2. Drink.
  3. Call to check on your baby.
  4. Listen to audio books, or music.
  5. Rock in a rocking chair.
**Many pumps are double pumps. This makes doing things much easier!

2 comments:

XmasDolly said...

Thanks for stopping by. I'm your latest follower. Happy WW. Not sure which blog you're using, so I guess I'll follow all of them. Hope you did the same. I only have one though. Nice to meet you.

Aleksandra Nearing said...

Great tip on the nail trimming. Gosh, I loved nursing my daughter! Thanks for brining back some of those memories :)