Tuesday, June 1, 2010

A Taste For Whatever

  • I hear a lot of people say that their kids will only eat SpaghettiOs®, Mac and Cheese or PBJ's. I'm fine with all those things in small doses. I just don't want my kids to get locked into eating only one of those and wanting it all the time.
  • I've never had this problem with my kids. Sure sometimes they are cautious about eating something that looks different. I think that's pretty normal.
  • We put a little of everything we are eating on their plates and we expect them to try everything.
  • Our kids love a few odd things compared to most kids. They like red peppers, humus and Lima beans. They'll eat any kind of fruit. Isaak (our two year old) is not too fond of bread (which the rest of us like) and he likes curry in things, which is a little odd for someone his age. Now...both kids love ice cream and chocolate, so we're not by any means perfect eaters.
  • Studies have shown that if you want your child to be more of an adventurous eater...start initially at the breast. They get flavors of whatever their mom is eating.
  • As a mom, try and eat a variety when you're pregnant and nursing. Your baby will be more open to trying new things if you are.

1 comment:

Show Me Mama said...

I am your new follower, come by when you can at http://showmemama.blogspot.com