Monday, June 14, 2010

Relaxation at the Pump

  • Sometimes women do not pump as much as they'd like.
  • I've been there. I worked full time with both of my babies.
  • One of the key things is to find some way to relax.
  • Getting my mind off of work was hard for me. I was in somebodies office, other then my own. I had a classroom of students waiting for me to get done. They of course didn't know what I was doing. Time had to be made up somehow, so I was always in a hurry. The result was less milk being produced.
Here's a few things you can try to be more relaxed at work. A few things I have tried, and other relaxing techniques I've heard from women I know.
  • Have a picture of your baby in your pump bag that you can look at.
  • Call to check up on your baby during this time. I found that this would not only take my mind off of work, but sometimes I'd hear my baby crying in the background. This would make me produce more milk.
  • Drink something. Mother's Milk Tea or water while pumping. It's putting those needed fluids back in your body and again helping you take your mind off of everything else.
  • Dim the lights and/or put on soothing music if possible.

No comments: