Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Setting Up Your Own Toy Bin For a Nursery

  • I got a set of shelves from a friend that was moving away.
  • He was just going to trash the shelves, so I took them in.
  • I put a subtle texture on them. I applied white Gesso on the shelves with a spatula. After the texture was the way I wanted it to be, I moved on to the next step.
  • I painted it with a mint green, and put three coats of acrylic varnish on top. Note that the varnish does yellow the paint slightly.
  • I found baskets at Michaels that were just the right size for the shelves.
  • Baby toys fit perfect in them!
  • Now that my son is a little older, we've replaced the baby toys with cars, balls and stuffed animals.
{Trash Turned to Treasure}

1 comment:

Michelle @Flying Giggles said...

I love it. I have a tv stand that I can do something similar with! To think I was going to get rid of it. Can you please do me a favor and post pictures of your entire house so I can steal all of your ideas? Love them!