Thursday, April 29, 2010

What Pump Should You Buy?

  • I happen to really like the Medela Pump in Style. It is expensive. But...not as pricey as formula feeding!


  • I loved my pump because it pumped both breasts at a time, the freezer pack that comes with it is great for storing your milk during a work day, it has a dial on the pump for slow to fast pumping, the pump bag looks like a computer bag, so no one asked questions. It was a hospital grade pump, so that's even what many hospitals recommend.
  • Did I have problems with my pump? Yes! I used it for two kids, so I was bound to run into some problems. I changed tubing, and bottles between kids.
  • The face plate on my pump was recalled. It kept popping off when I'd use it with Isaak. At first I kept holding it on. Then I decided to contact Medela, and ask them about it.
  • They have GREAT customer service! You fill out a form, and they email you back with information on a service rep in your area.
  • They supplied me with a new face plate and pumping tubes because I had a kink in mine. All free of charge, even free shipping.
  • I was told by a birthing class instructor, "Just don't buy a pump that is made by a formula provider". Why? Because they want you to fail at nursing, so that you will buy their formula. I don't know if it's true, but I didn't want to find out.

No comments: