My son's always used plastic Playtex bottles. I didn't see any stainless steel bottles when I went baby shopping.
Advantages of using stainless steel:
- They are more durable and last longer. When exposed to heat or cold, they will not break down or become brittle.
- With normal use, they won't shatter or scratch. Some plastics will.
- This is my favorite reason why: They are scratch resistant. That means no bacteria or food can hide cracks. I had two boy's get sick as babies with infectious diseases. Anything to keep clean!
- Because they are so clean, stainless steel is the number one material used in kitchen products and hospitals.
- The material is fully recyclable.