Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Is It Ok to Diet While You are Breast Feeding?

It depends what your definition of diet is.

Is it ok to eat healthy {a well balanced meal}, drink water and exercise? 

The answer is yes!

Eating smaller meals much like when you were pregnant is great for you.

Start out slow with the exercise part. You can build it up over time. Just remember that your body has been through a lot. You are also lacking in sleep.

Exercise was a slow process for me at first! I had a c-section because my son Mica was breech and would not turn. I tried everything to get him to turn; my fluid was low, and it just didn't happen. I learned to take exercise slow in the beginning.

When you get further into Mommyhood check out local stroller classes. My sister is in a stroller class for mom's. They walk around a lake and in a mall. They move fast, and the kid's enjoy it!

Is it ok to take diet pills and wipe out one particular food group?

The answer is no!

Want to learn more about this topic? Read: Diet for a Healthy Breastfeeding Mom on the Baby Center website.

No comments: